Monday, January 4, 2010

Seymour Christmas Party

One of my favorite things about December is that we have lots of family parties. The first of these was the Seymour family party (my dad's side). We got together at my mom's house, had a yummy Mexican dinner, and a gift exchange. This exchange is fun because we each buy a gift card somewhere and attach to a white elephant present. Then we draw numbers and take turns choosing/stealing presents. Some of us buy cute things, others are really good and get hilarious real white elephant gifts. It is always fun to see what people come up with. I love getting gift cards because I can use them to buy stuff I want as opposed to things I need.


The night was especially funny because Ashton was being a ham. He was actually posing for all these pictures. As we all know this is always hit or miss with kids. He was so good and just ran around playing with everyone. He loved that there were so many presents to open. Another fun tradition at this party is to wear something silly. Last year we had an ugly sweater contest. This year we had people bring funny Christmas socks. So of course we had to take a picture of all the cute Christmas socks. It was a wonderful party and it always nice to see and spend time with family, especially those we don't see as often.


No comments:

Post a Comment