Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Day

After a long and wonderful Christmas Eve night, the party continued on the next morning. Luckily Ashton slept till almost 8:00 so we were able to get a little bit of sleep. He was so excited that he was finally going to be able to open his presents. I got him to pose at the top of the stares and wait till we had camera's rolling to come down. He got a new big wheels from Santa and he loved it! He spent 20 minutes just riding it around the house. Then he remembered he had more to open and came back for more presents. After he would open each one, he would want to get it out of the box and play with it. It was so cute! It literally took us till two in the afternoon to make it through all of his presents.

After getting all the presents, Ashton set up little groups of his toys and would spend time with each grouping. I had fun playing with my presents the rest of the day too. Aaron got me a wonderful little laptop and accessories. Among many other wonderful presents, I also got the Julia Child's 1961 edition cookbook from my mom. After seeing the movie Julie and Julia, Costco carried the same cookbook she went through in the movie. We decided that we would also try to cook our way through this book, except we are going to skip the meat section as we don't eat it. I know Aaron is going to love this because it will be lots of new and exciting food. I probably won't start this project for a while, in the meantime I'm going to create a layout of what to cook and how long it will take.

Christmas night we always go to a movie. Ashton, Taryn, Brooklynn, and I went to see the new Alvin in the Chipmunks movie. It was so cute and Ashton actually sat through the whole movie and was really good. Christmas day was such a blast, it seemed to go by so fast. It was a wonderful day and we loved spending it with family. I took a ton of pictures, but these are just a few of my favorites.

1 comment:

  1. OK - we look like twins with our cookbooks. Can't wait to start our menu's. It sure was a fun Christmas. THank you so much for spending it with us. I love you!

    ReplyDelete