Monday, January 4, 2010

Baking at Moms

While Ashton and I were visiting at my parents house over the holidays, my mom and I decided we would do some baking. I am pretty sure we spent four days straight in the kitchen either preparing for Christmas Eve dinner or just baking fun things to eat. It all started because we watched Martha Stewart and thought we should make fresh bread and jam. It was my first time making jam and of course I over cooked it so the jelly was super thick, but it still tasted really yummy.

Then we decided to make Aaron his favorite cookies. Then we had to follow tradition and make sugar cookies and decorate them. Ashton loved being in the kitchen with us. He had his little stool and stood with us the entire time. He even decorated his own cookies. Even though I ended up getting sick at the end of our baking, I had so much spending time in the kitchen with my mom. I can't wait to do our cooking challenge with our new cookbooks together. I didn't get pictures of everything we baked, but here are a few I did take.



1 comment:

  1. Looks good. Although it was a LOT of work, but very fun. I'm so glad you were there. I wouldn't have stood in the kitchen for four days without you. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete