Monday, January 4, 2010

Kaylynn's Bedding

Because my mom and I weren't busy enough while I was visiting, we decided we would make all of Kaylynn's bedding for her crib. We went to the fabric sale the day after Christmas and it was really hard to find the color of purple we wanted. After going through every white and purple fabric, we chose our favorites and bought them. I bought a bunch of fabric so that we would have plenty to pick and choose from. I decided to do an Around the World quilt. I did the top of the quilt and yes there are 121 tiny little squares. Two of the fabrics were that soft minky which is wonderful to touch, but a little tricky to sew on. My mom attached the back by quilting and added the binding for me. Trina was nice enough to embroider Kaylynn's name on the border and the blanket turned out beautiful. While my mom was finishing the quilt, she taught me how to do the bumpers and I got to work. Again, another tricky project. My mom finished the dust ruffle while I finished the bumpers. Together we made this beautiful bedding that is cuter than anything you could have bought in the store. Even though it took several days and was a lot of work, I am so glad that I learned how to make it and was able to do this for my daughter. Ashton was a trooper and played cars while we sewed, but thank you Dad, Taryn, and Trenton for helping us out so we could finish this huge project in just a couple days. Thank you mom, I never could have done it without you!

P.S. I will post pictures of the bedding set up soon. I bought a crib while I was in San Diego and it is beautiful. I just need to buy a sheet and then I can set it up and take pictures then. The blanket in the first picture with the fabric is a blanket my mom made for me months ago, before she knew I was having a girl. She knew I would pick purple and made this beautiful blanket for me, it will also be displayed and used in her room.

2 comments:

  1. Good pictures! I love it and can't wait to see it in your new crib.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. Sjhe will be a very lucky and loved little girl. Can't wait to see the room all put together. Suzanne Klein

    ReplyDelete