Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Additions to the House

This last month has just flown by and as I sit to look back on what we have been doing, I realized we have been very busy. Ashton and I had lots of play dates this month. He has his little group of friends that he wants to see every week and we do our best to try and get together. I also realized that we have been doing a lot of work around the house.

For starters, Aaron has been installing an alarm system in our house. Of course he couldn't take the easy route in this by ordering wireless sensors and alarms, he wanted to hard wire everything into the house. So many holes in my ceiling and hours of work later Aaron is almost done with this home project. It's a good thing he is also a great patch-er to make it look as though the holes were never there. I have to say I'm extremely impressed that he has been able to do all of this on his own. I'm also impressed that he was able to fish the wires through and get it on his first try every time. With all the bells and whistles in this house, I definitely sleep a little easier at night.

Our next project was putting together a new dining room table. We have been staring at the beautiful table at Sam's club for months saying we needed to save up money to buy it. We finally did and bought it the day before having two families over for dinner. It took Aaron and I half a day to put the eight chairs and table together. It is so beautiful and worked perfect for our dinner party. We had the adults in one room and the kids at our other table. We love the table and think its a beautiful addition to our home.
We also bought a cabinet for the kitchen for extra storage. As big as our kitchen is, it still didn't have enough cabinet space. So we bought this beautiful Armour and it gave us the extra storage room we needed for food and cooking utensils. Our kitchen now feels much more functional and user friendly. We also bought a new TV for our family room. It was on clearance at Sam's because it was missing a few screws and had been on display. We got it for half off and they even gave us extra screws from another TV. It was a perfect TV and an even better deal.
I know most of you have already seen our new car, but I still wanted to throw it in so we could remember when we got it. We bought a 2009 GMC Arcadia and we love it! It gets great gas mileage for its size and is perfect for our growing little family. It can even tow, which makes Aaron a happy man. The more time we spend in this car, the more we love it and know it was the perfect fit for us.
I know it mostly looks like we went on a giant shopping spree this months, but that is the fun of saving up for things and for selling old things to buy new things. I will not lie, I do love shopping, especially for things for our home. This will be an on going project for many years to come. Who knows what will be next... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment