Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving in San Diego

This year, we went to spend thanksgiving with my family in San Diego. Of course I packed all sweaters and long sleeves now that I am used to it getting cold in November. And to my surprise it was 80 degrees on thanksgiving and I was dying of heat! Then the last day we were there it rained all day and was in the 50's. That weather I was prepared for. I should have known better growing up in California, but I tend to forget to think about the location I'm headed and pack what I wear everyday. Something to remember for Christmas!

My mom hosts Thanksgiving every year and this year we had 40 people to dinner. I am pretty sure her and I spent and entire day in the kitchen. It started the night before when we made three pies, stuffing, prepared the salad, and set up all the tables. The cooking continues the next day just getting all the final touches ready for dinner. Of course many people cooked to prepare enough food for forty people, but my mom and I had fun being in the kitchen together.
Ashton had a blast playing with all his cousins. They ran around all day chasing each other and jumping on the trampoline. Ashton of course tried to join the big boys baseball game because he thinks he is as big as them. It was cute to watch him run around and chase them. Only a couple more years and then T-Ball starts, I can't wait!

It was so much fun to see so many family members all in one day. It was actually a challenge to run around and talk to everyone. The food was fantastic and the pies were my favorite part. My mom always has beautiful flowers arrangements(that she does herself) and I always enjoy having those around for days after. We spent five days with my family and we had a lot of fun. We always enjoy spending time with them and just hanging out and going shopping. Thanksgiving was wonderful and well worth the drive to be there.

1 comment:

  1. I loved having you guys here. It was so much fun cooking, and playing and watching the new HUGE TV. Thanks to Aaron getting it set up. It was so fun to cook and play. I miss you guys already. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete