Tuesday, December 1, 2009

King Size Quilt

After my mom made her beautiful quilt for her bed, I decided I wanted to make one for my bed. While we were visiting, we went to the fabric store and the second I walked in I felt overwhelmed and like we weren't going to accomplish anything. My mom took me back to the civil war inspired fabrics and quilts. I saw a sample on the wall and loved it! So I bought the fabric and pattern. The quilt I am making is called Savannah and was inspired by fabric and an actual pattern from the 1800's. I spent yesterday cutting out all the center squares and laying them out. I wanted to post pictures of a sample quilt and my fabric. I am so excited to start this project and will hopefully finish it before the baby's born. I also have to make the baby's bedding in the next few months too, so I will be sewing up a storm in my spare time for the next several months! Wish me luck!
Sample of the Quilt
The Outside Border of the quilt
The Backside of the quilt
6 fabrics that alternate to make up the center squares.
The lining of the squares (called sashing)
Cornerstones of the squares and Binding
The laying out process

No comments:

Post a Comment