Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tis the Season for Baking

This month I have actually done a lot of baking and it has been so much fun. Ashton knows the drill that when the mixer comes out it means something yummy is cooking in the kitchen. He grabs a chair, pulls it up to the counter and helps. He wants to put in all the ingredients and he especially loves licking the bowl and paddles when we are done. We have been baking pies and cookies practicing for the Holidays. It's something I always did with my mom and I am so excited that Ashton enjoys it too. If I'm lucky, he will continue to like it and he will become as good of cook as his daddy and mommy :).
I really enjoy baking and that is something I learned from my mom. I only wish I had more time to do it. I can make really yummy desserts, but they don't always look pretty. I am hoping one day I will learn how to make all my desserts look as pretty as hers. I know she will just tell me practice makes perfect, but a few classes couldn't hurt :).

No comments:

Post a Comment