Monday, May 10, 2010

My 28th Birthday

Well another year older and maybe a little wiser too, I celebrated my 28th Birthday this past week. Being 38 weeks pregnant at this point, I didn't plan to do a whole lot on my birthday. A mother's work is never done and so I spent most of my day shuttling Ashton around to his different activities and I would have it any other way. First we had preschool, then a field trip, then a doctors appointment, and then his Karate class. Then we picked up Aaron and went to my favorite restaurant for dinner, Islands. My food was fantastic and they gave me an entire piece of Kona pie for my birthday. It was fantastic! Then I finally made it home to open my presents. This was the first year I was completely away from my family and the first time it was just us for my birthday. Thank you everyone who mailed their presents to me, it was so fun to get so many packages and cards on my birthday! The next night Krystle, Dan and Luke came over and we were lucky enough to have Grandaddy in town staying with us as well. We all had dinner and shared some cake an ice cream. It was a wonderful birthday and I LOVED everything I got.


These are just some shots of a few a things I got for my birthday. Yes I look a little tired, but running around all day and about to have a baby tends to have that effect on you :). It has been a fantastic year and each year I am enjoying the experiences that life has thrown my way. I've learned that my best friends will always be family and I have come to appreciate my mom and the wonderful women she is more and more. To another year of wonderful memories and experiences, I can only hope will be as good or better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment