Monday, May 10, 2010

Karate Class

This past week Ashton started his first Karate class. I have been wanting to sign him up for a weekly class for a long time and finally found one that worked with his school schedule that I thought would be fun. Of course he had no idea what was going on, but was still excited to be a part of a class. His friend Audrey from preschool is in the same class so I was hoping he would follow her good example. The boys in the class were crazy and the girls all listened and followed instructions. It was a rough first class, but Ashton loved it. I'm sure after a few more classes he will figure it out and follow instructions better. Something new is always exciting and as long as he is having fun, then it's worth it to me. Hopefully it will just be fun exercise for him and he won't take the kicking and punching literally :). The teacher is great and must have an extreme amount of patience! Our next set of classes will be swimming lesson in June and hopefully start soccer in the fall. This age is so fun, I love that he loves being active and loves to learn. Let's hope this is a trend he will keep for the rest of his life!


*P.S. Don't ask me why Ashton is making funny smile faces, but this is his new smile face for now. He is so silly sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment