Monday, June 15, 2009

In our own Backyard


After living in our house for three weeks, we have been at a loss of what to do on the weekends. Downtown is mostly for adults and we prefer to stay in our northwest corner of the city. I have heard that there are beautiful hikes in this area, but assumed they would all be desert walks which would not be fun in the heat. It was a cooler weekend and I decided we should explore the areas around us. Little did we know there are beautiful green mountains around us. We hiked a trail named Mary Jane Falls. It only took us thirty minutes to drive there and felt like we were in another state. It was cool and beautiful and you would never think the desert was only twenty minutes away. Ashton walked almost the entire hike which had switchbacks all the way up the mountain. We climbed to 11,000 feet and saw a small, but beautiful waterfall at the end of the hike. We had so much fun that we decided we would go hiking every weekend as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome tiff!!! I love it!! We can't wait to come visit and I LOVE seeing the pics of Ashton! Jayne has been going through your blog and looking at all the pics too :-) Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this area. Can't believe you are in Vegas. You guys all looks so good. Keep up the good work - whatever you are doing. Made me cry though - I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete