Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food Calendar for June


Following the theme of food for today, I thought I would share my monthly food calendar. I can not take credit for this idea, I actually got it from my sister Trina. I had called her last November for some ideas on how to save money. We were just spending to much money and I wasn't really sure where it was going. She shared her families monthly budgets and food planning calender. The very next month I followed her ideas and instantly cut our costs in half. I have gone from planning a week at a time, to planning for the entire month. I was lucky enough to get a three hour nap out both the kids at the same time so I sat down and planned our dinners for the entire month of June. Not only was I able to plan our dinners, but also write my shopping list for each week as well. You have to remember to still be flexible because you can never anticipate everything that is going to happen in a month. I have changed mine a few times, but it makes planning dinner effortless. If you would like any of the recipes, just let me know, I will happily share.

No comments:

Post a Comment