Monday, June 15, 2009

Grandma Dover's Painting


As most of you know, Grandma Dover is a gifted artist. All my life I dreamed of getting one of her paintings. Last year, Aaron and I were walking around the property and I took him back to see grandma's old workshop. I hadn't been inside since I was little and the locked just happened to be open. We went inside and saw all her beautiful paintings. Aaron ran to grandma to tell her how beautiful her art work was. She told Aaron to pick out what ever painting he wanted and we could have it. I was so excited, I was finally going to get my ocean painting! Aaron spent a long time in the workshop looking through all the paintings. He managed to find the only Forrest painting in the group! He loved it because it reminded him of his home in Washington. It took us a year to finally be able to frame it and display the painting in our home. It is a beautiful painting and I just love looking at it. I am now even more appreciative to have this painting and to know it was one of the only ones like it. I thought I would share the final product, hope you enjoy. I am hanging this piece in my room so that I can see it and enjoy it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment