Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Happy Easter


This year we spent Easter with Dan, Krystle, and Luke. We have early church this year, so we decided we would do lunch and an Easter Egg Hunt after. We decorated our eggs as soon as they came over, which the boys always have a blast doing. The boys are really funny together and they are so fun to watch. After decorating eggs, we had lunch and miraculously the Easter bunny came and went :). He was so fast that we didn't even see him! Then we released the kids to find their eggs and their basket. Kaylynn even had a few eggs of her own to find. The kids were so cute. It was a fun mellow Easter. The boys had the most fun with their eggs and candy and just playing for hours.


This was also the first time we gave Kaylynn watermelon. Of course she loved it and ate it right up. Although I think she had more fun squishing it between her fingers and rubbing it in her hair. I was glad that I had stripped her before giving the watermelon to her. She was covered from head to toe so we just threw her in the clean kitchen sink to rinse her off. She totally loved that too. Just a funny happening that's worth remembering.


On a side note, the dress Kaylynn is wearing was made by my mom and I. It is such a cute pattern and I loved that I made it with my mom. I wanted to learn how to sew clothing so this was one of my first classes with my mom. The lace we used on the bottom actually came from Aaron's Grandma Margaret.


No comments:

Post a Comment