Thursday, October 21, 2010

T-Ball

I have always said that I couldn't wait for Ashton to turn five so that I could sign him up for T-Ball. I started wondering if there was a league that started T-Ball early. I started researching online and emailing around. Finally I found the National Youth Sports (NYS) league. They had a beginner team for ages 3-4. I was so excited that I signed Ashton up right away. I told Krystle about it and she signed Luke up and requested that they be on the same team. So in September we started going to our first practices.


The kids had no idea what was going on, but they loved to hit the ball and run around the bases. Then they all wanted to catch and throw the ball. Our first game was hilarious. I think most the kids just wanted to bat and when they were in the outfield, a lot of them were just playing in the dirt. The coach started working on their in fielding and a few games later, the entire team would be chasing each ball. Needless to say we had lots of collisions, but it was better than everyone playing in the dirt. Each week they are getting better and better. Right now, Ashton goes for every ball so our next lesson is letting other kids have a turn, but I love that he is going for it and having fun. Eventually they will get the idea of the game :).


These pictures are of their first practice and their first game. Ashton and Luke have so much fun together. I can't wait to sign them up for next season and see how they progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment