Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ashton's First Day at School

In the previous post I talked about the Child Find Program. Well through all the testing we did all summer, Ashton qualified to be in the program for his speech. They decided they wanted to place him in a regular preschool so that he could emulate the other students speech and then he would meet with a speech therapist once a week. We waited for several weeks to find out where he was place and finally we found out it was Bunker Elementary School. He has 4 teachers and is in a class with about 25 other kids. Ashton absolutely LOVES school and can't wait to go every day. He has made a huge improvement on his speech. I'm sure a lot of has to do with the fluid being gone, but none the less I know the program is working. He has amazing teachers and I am very impressed with the program. I feel very blessed that he qualified and that we were able to get this help and diagnose his allergies. I hope he always loves school this much! His teachers really enjoy him and tell me how wonderful he is and how much they enjoy having him. I am happy he is doing so well and has adjusted to his new class, teacher, and classmates.
*P.S. We had a follow up hearing screen and Ashton has impeccable hearing, better than normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment