Monday, June 7, 2010

A Birthday Suprise

May is month that is full of birthdays, one of which is my Mom's. After a week of being home, Aaron went back to work and I realized I wasn't going to get any rest at home by myself with two kids. I was talking to my sister on Monday morning and she was telling me her plans to go down and visit my mom for her birthday and what they were going to do. I got this crazy idea that I should go down and surprise my mom for her birthday. So I loaded my poor kids into the car at 4 in the morning on Tuesday (her birthday) and headed to San Diego. Kaylynn was only 12 days old and she slept the whole way there. We arrived around 8:30 in the morning and we had just missed my mom who left to go to yoga. So we hid at Grandmommy's house till she got home. She was shocked to see us, which made it all the more fun. We stayed for the rest of the week and I don't think Kaylynn was ever laid down, except at night to sleep. I got the much needed help I needed in order to rest and let myself re-cooperate. Ashton had so much fun he didn't even want to come home. How do you compete with lots of land to run on, chickens, tons of family to entertain you, a trampoline, and a giant ball you can climb in and roll around. I was glad he had fun and it was good for him to get so much attention as well.
It was wonderful getting to see half the family, I apologize to those we didn't see. We will be back soon to see everyone I promise. For now, here are some fun pictures from our trip. Kaylynn even went on her first girls night out. My mom, Taryn, Kaylynn, and I went to see Letters to Juliet. It was such a fun night and Kaylynn was an angel of course, she slept through the whole movie. Ashton had fun with papa at home enjoying his own boys night. Thanks everyone for a wonderful trip, we will be seeing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment