Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

First let me say Happy Easter to everyone! I'm pretty sure that this was my first Easter away from my family and even though I missed them, we still had a wonderful weekend. We decided we would celebrate Easter on Saturday so that Luke and Ashton could do their Easter Egg Hunt together. We divided the yard in two and both boys did great finding their eggs. They were so fun to watch and they just couldn't wait to find all their eggs. Although, I think they had more fun opening all the plastic eggs and seeing what kind of candy they got from the Easter Bunny. After the thrill of the eggs wore off, we had a light lunch and the boys ran in circles around the yard. They are finally old enough we can just let them play outside together and not have to stand 2 feet behind them. They had so much and it was so fun to watch them.

Since we already had our Easter Egg Hunt, I decided we would just do a small Easter lesson today. We watched the first session of General Conference while eating our favorite breakfast, french toast. Then I gave Ashton a little lesson on the true celebration of Easter. Thank you Trina for the wonderful lesson idea, Ashton LOVED it. Then we watched a cartoon video about Easter. It was a nice reminder, even for me, of the true reason we celebrate Easter. It was a quiet day with just the three (almost 4) of us. It was a day to reflect and be thankful for our blessings and the wonderful gift of the atonement that our Savior gave to us. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday. I hope both our families know how much we love and miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment