Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Trip to California

In the midst of all our home improvements and adjusting to life back to normal, we decided to take a quick trip to San Diego to see my family before Aaron had to return to work. This was the first trip in which I had no agenda or projects to work on. My mom and I kept feeling like there was something we should be doing, but it was really nice to be able to just relax and visit. Even Ashton kept sneaking out to the sewing room because that is where he is used to seeing us. Now he loves being in there while my mom and I sew, so he was a little bummed we didn't spend any time in there on this trip.


Ashton LOVED playing on my parents new swing set and had a blast playing with Jayne and Ryan the day they came down. The girls snuck off to the fabric store of course while Papa played with the kids. I was out of sewing projects so I found a few new ones to start. Ashton is still obsessed with the chickens down there. Every day him and my dad would gather the eggs and feed the chickens. It was so cute to watch him. In the midst of all my relaxing, I didn't get my camera out at all. I have one picture of Aaron and I (separately) when we went to dinner with my parents and grandparents. It was a wonderful trip and I was glad Aaron was able to see and spend time with everyone. He was greatly missed and everyone is glad he is back home safe. Thanks Mom and Dad for another wonderful trip, we can't wait for our next one coming up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment