Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sewing

This past week has been my week to complete a bunch of sewing projects. One would think that I have completely ignored Ashton and never left my house, but I didn't! I had lots of little one day projects that I knew I could finish quickly. I decided I would only sew when Ashton was at school or sleeping and that we would go to the park a few times this week to make it more fun for him. I promise this was not a months worth of sewing, it actually only took me a couple days. My next sewing goal will be to learn how to make little girl clothing.

My first project was completing a rag quilt for Kaylynn. Some of you will remember that I made a pink and purple rag quilt for my friend who had a little girl last summer. I decided it turned out so cute that I had to make one for myself. Yes I bought the fabric before I ever decided to get pregnant and before we knew we were having a girl. I re-organized my sewing area and found the fabric and decided it was time to get it done. I still thinks its darling and am so excited to use it.


My second project was finally finishing the drapes for my kitchen. I bought regular drapes at Target, but had to cut them and hem them to fit my little windows. It wasn't complicated, just time consuming so I have put it off for about 6 months now.


The next project was finishing a bag I started back in July. Back in July my machine started having problems so I took it in to get a tune it. It was gone for a week and when i got it back, I didn't do much sewing. I had the bag cut out and stacked in pieces. It was so cute, I decided I had to finish it so I could make it my new church bag.



Then I started thinking about what else I needed for Kaylynn. I wanted to buy a new car seat cover so that she had something nice and new just for her. I found a girl online (Sassy Stork) who would make the cover for a flat fee and all you have to do is send her the fabric of your choice. So off to the store we go to pick out the fabric for my cover. Since I was having this made, I decided I would make a matching blanket that would be car seat blanket. I made a small pieced quilt and added ties so that I could tie it to the car seat. It turned out so cute and was a perfect chance to practice all my new quilting techniques.



My last project this week was making a wall hanging for Kaylynn's room. My mom gave me a heart quilt pattern that she had seen and showed me the new things I needed to learn. I brought home all my pieces and fabric and finally got it done this week. The picture is a little darker than the fabric actually is, nonetheless I love it and can't wait for my mom to finish the stippling so that I can hang it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment