Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ashton

Ashton is constantly saying and doing things that make me laugh. This past weekend I finally gave Ashton cereal with milk for the first time ever. Yes I know what kind of mom am I that my child is three and hasn't had cereal for breakfast. It was always a snack we threw in a bag and was great for on the go food. Most of you know Ashton is one of the slowest eaters ever! Well, not when it comes to cereal. I poured the bowl and gave it to him and within five minutes he was done and telling me how much he liked it. I couldn't believe it, I didn't have to feed him the last half of his breakfast. We still only do cereal maybe once a week, but I thought it was funny.

We also went to the park this week to meet with some new friends from church. Both of the ladies I meet had little girls Ashton's age. I wasn't sure how he would do playing with girls because he usually finds a boy to chase and copy at the park. Well to my surprise, once he was done tormenting the girls on his scooter, he sat and played with them perfectly. They chased each other around the park and took turns playing on the slides and were laughing the whole time. You have to love days that you go to the park and there is no drama or fights between the kids. I was very impressed and just knew that him and Kaylynn are going to be very good friends and have lots of fun together. Ashton could care less if things are boyish or girlish, he loves all toys and loves playing with all kids, what a wonderful little man he is.

Aside from the fact that Ashton is quit creative with his toys, he is also finally talking more and sharing his opinion on things. He will tell me if something is cute at the store and whether or not we should get it. I bought the new bed for the guest room and after putting on a new bed set he walks in and says "it's beautiful mom, grandma's room is so nice." I'm so glad I got the Ashton seal of approval. I thought it was funny that he said it and that he names it grandma's room. Can you guess who is most frequent visitor?

Ashton is also a wonderful helper and clean freak. Now to tell you the truth, I do not know where he gets it. I clean often, but am not a fanatic about it. At preschool he is the biggest helper at clean up time and hates to have his hands dirty. Who would think any kid wouldn't like finger painting, but Ashton prefers to use a brush. He also likes to wash his own dishes and gets very upset if I try and do it for him. Every night we pick up the toys so that the house looks nice before we go to bed. On nights we are running late and I'm to tired to worry about it, he tells me we need to clean up mom and its easier to do it than argue with him. He also loves to say his own prayer before bed time. I tell you, on a daily basis I wonder where his little personality comes from and am constantly laughing at how particular he is about things.

Ashton is getting so big and I have really loved just watching him grow. He is constantly surprising me and I am going to try and write more little blurps like this to remember his funny sayings and creative mind. Even though he is head strong and stubborn like Aaron and I, he is loving, polite, sweet, and a wonderful little boy. He is such a blessing in my life and I know that he will be a wonderful big brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment