Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Las Vegas Zoo

Our second field trip with Ashton's class was to the Las Vegas Zoo. We haven't been to the zoo yet, so we didn't know what to expect. When we lived in San Diego, we had year passes to the Zoo and Wild Animal park. I realized that we were so lucky to have such wonderful sights to see and so many wonderful animals. The Las Vegas Zoo is on 3 acres and the kids and I walked through it in about 10 minutes. Even though it was small, we had a lot of fun. We saw chimps and monkeys, lions, snakes, alligator, turtles, flamingos, lizards, peacocks, and various cat family animals. Ashton really liked walking and seeing the animals, I think his favorite part was climbing on the bronzed statues. After we all had a snack, one of the zoo keepers brought out a baby kangaroo. Each of the students, and parents too, got to pet the baby kangaroo. I love these little field trips. Ashton's teachers plan so many wonderful events for us to participate in with our children. I am so thankful that we are apart of this wonderful program. Overall the Zoo was fun and I was glad that we finally got to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment