Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sewing Projects

So this past week I have actually been able to get some sewing done. For Vicky's Birthday and Mother's Day present I decided to make her some table center pieces for her house (first two pictures). Once I finished them, back in like March, I LOVED them so much that I just had to make some for myself as well. I was only able to make the sunflower table runner so far, but I love it and love having it on my table. I extended mine to be a full table runner instead of one square.


I also got back my king quilt and was able to finish the binding on that. Who knew that you still had to do some sewing by hand. It took me about four days to hand sew the binding on the quilt. It took a couple hours each side, so I just squeezed it in when I could. Since I have my new beautiful quilt, I had to make some coordinating pillow cases. These are the first pillow cases I have made by myself. I still have to make the pillow shams, so you won't see a complete picture of my bed set yet. These are just pictures of the past few things I have completed. I have really enjoyed learning new techniques and improving my skills. I love sewing and want to learn how to make clothes. It's part of the fun of having a little girl, now I can learn how to make dresses, skirts, and shirts. I can't wait!



*PS I should finish my shams this next week and then I can finally post my entire bed set :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! I can't wait to make those table toppers! You've inspired me. Only a few weeks till Kaylynn makes her debut! Can't wait. Happy early bday! Only 30 more minutes :-)

    ReplyDelete