Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wild Horses in Cold Creek

Aaron and I like looking for property or houses that are for sale out near our favorite mountain. We found a flier for a place called Cold Creek. So we decided to find where it was and go check out the town. It was a good forty-five minutes from our house. We kept driving into the mountain to the point you feel like your getting lost. We came across this small town that didn't have a single store. It was a group of houses a little ways up the mountain. It had beautiful views and the weather was nice, but just a little to far from the beaten path for our liking. While driving in we saw several groups of wild horses grazing in the desert. Ashton made us drive by them several times because he liked seeing the horses.

On the way home, we saw a car that had stopped and was feeding the horses. They were very friendly and tame horses for being wild. We pulled over and got out to see them. All we had were gold fish crackers to give them, but they seemed to like them. Even though Ashton was afraid at first, he thought it was so fun. The whole way home he told us that he wanted a horse. This makes me happy because I would love to have horses again. I was lucky enough to have three horses when I was little for several years. I still love riding and one day would love to have them again.
And for the record, I was also feeding and petting the horses, but my camera man wasn't as patient as me to get the perfect picture. Aaron did spend more time getting the horses to come over. Seeing and spending time with the horses made the drive worth it. We will definitely go back and see them again.

1 comment:

  1. You make me want to move to Las Vegas - with all the fun you are having! If it was only a little closer to the ocean I'd be there. You guys are sure doing a good job. Can't wait to see the new fort. Make a post soon?? Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete