Thursday, September 3, 2009

Our First Dinner Guest

This past week was a very busy and fun week for us. It seemed like everyday, we had something fun planned. When Ashton and I first got back from California, I took him to my friend Becca's house. Aaron and I had a meeting at church and she was nice enough to watch him for us. Not only did she watch Ashton, but made us dinner as well. It was so nice after a long morning drive to not have to worry about anything. Her husband works on the same base as Aaron and they both work crazy schedules. Luckily this past week, their schedules were close enough that we could all get together. So we invited them over to our house for dinner. I made my signature lasagna and a pretty yummy chocolate pudding pie. It was so much fun to sit and chat and just let the kids run around and play. It also made us feel like Vegas is becoming our home and we are planting some wonderful roots. A few days later, we also had the missionaries over for dinner and in between dinner guests, I had park play dates. Needless to say, by Sunday I was pooped! I also felt like I spent half my week in the kitchen. As much as I love to cook, sometimes it can be a little time consuming. I am sure we will have many more dinner guests, but since it was our first one in our new home, I felt it was nice to share. A house always feels more like a home when it is filled with guests and laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Can I get your lasagna recipe? Mine always oozes everywhere once I get it on my plate!

    ReplyDelete