Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swim Day

Last week, my friend Pilar invited us to go swimming with them. It has been pretty hot and Ashton loves to swim, so of course I said yes. We went to her in laws house and they had a pool that made me feel like I was at a resort. The kids had a blast and it was fun to be able to sit and talk. One side of the pool was a toddler area and the other a deep swimming pool. We were there half the day and Ashton was very upset when we had to leave, even though he was about to fall asleep standing up because he was so tired! I think swimming is his favorite activity. Maybe if I'm lucky he will always love it and become the next Micheal Phelps. (No pressure he can do what ever he wants :)). It was a fun and relaxing day!
Kendra was also with us and she loved the water as much as Ashton. She didn't want to be left out. I had her in my lap most of time and she kicked and had her feet in the water almost the entire time. It was a miracle that neither of the kids got a sunburn. I coated them up with sunscreen, but you never know when your playing in the water in the hot desert sun. Ashton wouldn't stay in the toddler pool, so he has his life vest on so he could swim in the deeper water. He is so funny, he just acts much older than he is. He also loved that there were lots of rock formations to climb on and jump from. What will he think of next!

No comments:

Post a Comment