Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A day at the beach

This last weekend Ashton and I went to California to visit my family. Aaron has been working weekends for a while, so I thought it would be fun if Ashton and I took off for a little trip. He has been asking for his grandma and papa for a while so I knew it was time for a visit. The first day I was there we went to beach. Ashton of course thought he could run right out to the water and swim in the ocean. We tried to show him that the waves would knock him over, but he thought it was hilarious and would keep running into them. After I got tired of holding him in the water, Ashton ran up to my mom and said "Grandma help." He grabbed her hand and dragged her out to the water. Then he wanted her to bury him in the sand. It was a lot of fun to go to the beach, but a lot of work with Ashton. He loved it! After the beach we got ice cream, which was another highlight to Ashton. We gave him his own bowl and he ate perfectly not spilling a drop. He was so excited to be around everyone, it's a miracle I ever got him down for a nap that day. We both miss being close to my family.



Later that evening, my mom and I decided we would try and sew after dinner. Ashton was hanging out with Trenton watching him play his video game and playing with his toys. I thought that would entertain him for a while, so I went out to the sewing room. I called Trenton after about 20 minutes to check on Ashton. He said he had just left and that he had asked Trenton to take his shirt off. I knew he was up to something because he wanted to be naked. I came into the house and asked my dad if he saw him. He said he just came down and handed him his shirt and went back up stairs. I thought that was kinda of interesting and as I headed up the stairs I could hear water running. I went into my parents bathroom and saw Ashton giving himself a bath in the big jacuzzi tub. He had turned the water on, added bubbles, and was sitting there with a huge smile on his face. Luckily the water was cold, but he didn't care, he was having fun. I had to put him in the shower to get the bubbles off. I couldn't help but laugh, all you could see was his head barely peaking out of the bubbles. It's amazing what they do in the two minutes no one is looking. I tell you, this blog will be full of crazy things my child thinks of to do.




No comments:

Post a Comment