Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Painting the Kitchen

Ever since we moved in, we have been talking about painting the house. This is a project that will take a very long time. I decided it might add some flare to our new home if we just painted the kitchen. I placed sample colors on my walls for three days before deciding on the perfect color. Who would have guessed it was the same color scheme my mom used on all her custom homes? Great minds think a like and the color is fantastic. Aaron and I painted the house over the weekend and have been touching up spots over the past few days. We ended up having to paint the ceiling as well because we notice there was a smoke stain around the edge of the room from the previous owners. Of course we couldn't leave it, so we repainted the ceiling too. You put two perfectionists on a project and a one day job turns into a three day job. It was a lot of work, but the results are fantastic and we love it. I am going to add drapes on the windows, but I still have to make them. You will see my temporary drape hanging in one of the windows. I like to sample for a few days before I commit, but so far I love them. Now I just need to make them. I am also adding a vinyl quote to the wall. It will say:


"A pinch of patience...a dash of kindness... a spoonful of laughter and a heap of love"


I'm not sure which area I will put it in, but I will post a picture as soon as I finish the last two touches.

No comments:

Post a Comment