Sunday, January 24, 2010

Project Weekend

This past weekend my Mom, Dad, and Taryn came up to visit. They came to help me decorate and paint both the kids bedroom. My dad painted both of their rooms while my mom and I worked on the rest. This was a huge project and I am so excited that it is done (for the most part). We painted Kaylynn's room a light lavender color and then placed scattered white daisies around the room. My mom made curtains to match all of her bedding that we made. She also made the changing table pad and the lamp shade. Her room turned out so adorable, I absolutely LOVE it! The lightening isn't great in the pictures, I will have to take another group of pictures with different lighting, so that just means that you need to come and see it for yourself! :)

For Ashton's room, I tried to incorporate all the things he loves. So, I decided to paint the walls green and blue and I found a truck and tractor wall paper border to tie in the two colors. I also bought Ashton new furniture to go with his new room. While putting the furniture together, we found that it had been damaged during shipping. So I am waiting for replacement parts in order to finish his dresser. I will include one picture of his bed to shoe the paint and wall paper. As soon as I get the missing pieces, I can post pictures of the rest of his room. His room also turned out perfect and I LOVE it! Their rooms are now my favorite rooms in the house.

I have to thank my parents for all their help this weekend. I could not have done this project without them! Thank you so much for coming, helping, and spending time with us. We always love having you here and appreciate all the help you gave.

1 comment:

  1. WOW@!!! All you need's a baby and you're set :-) Wish I could have been there. So glad you got the pictures posted so I could see. Looks like a lot of work but really cute!

    ReplyDelete